Three more days until this blog’s second anniversary! YAY! 🙂
This blog first became public on November 16, 2010, as shown by my very first post. Two years of book blogging has made me grow both as a reader and as a blogger, and through this blog, I was also able to meet fellow bloggers with whom I have forged wonderful friendships through time! Plus, these friends (and their blogs) have influenced my reading choices as well. Yay! 🙂
Last year, during the bloggy’s first anniversary, I celebrated with a new blog banner and a personal resolve to blog more thoughtfully and expand my reading preferences. One of my resolutions was to read more local books, but it was only during the middle of this year that I began to seriously work on this resolve by putting up the Pinoy Reads feature on the blog. The books I have read so far along this line are only just a handful but I am determined to trod on one book at a time. 🙂
SO. In connection with all of the above, and most especially in celebration of the second year of this humble blog, I am having a blog giveaway! You think it’s cool? I hope so. 😉
But first, the mechanics:
- This giveaway is actually for the people whom I have met through the course of my blogging experience. It is my way of saying THANK YOU to your
patronagetolerance of my writings, haha! Which is why only those with whom I have interacted with either personally, or on the web, or both, will be qualified to join the raffle.
- So, in the comments box below, please state the circumstances of how we met (i.e. personally, online, etc.). Answer this question: What local/Filipino book will you recommend to me and why?
- Only comments which responded to the requirements in No. 1 and entered within today, November 13, to November 16, 2012, will be included in the raffle.
- The giveaway is open to Philippine residents only. As you can see, this is my first giveaway so let’s start small, shall we? 😉
- One winner will be picked through Random.org on November 17, 2012, Saturday. The first name generated by the Random.org List Randomizer will be considered as the winner. Announcement will be made on this blog, of course. 😀
And now, the prize. The winner will receive one (1) National Bookstore Gift Certificate worth P500. Please understand that the only bookstores that I know of in my place are National Bookstore, Philippine Christian Bookstore, Precious Pages, and Booksale. Among these four, it is my belief that the winner might have more use of the GC from NBS, although I will still consider if the winner wants another bookstore as mentioned above. Do feel free to tell me. I will be sending the GC via courier as soon as I can after the winner is drawn.
I know that this prize isn’t actually grand or extravagant. But as I’ve already said, this giveaway is my simple way of saying thank you to friends who visit this blog and continue to read my somewhat sometimes senseless posts, and taking the time to comment. 🙂
Again, my heartfelt thank you! And good luck! 🙂