In celebration of this humble blog’s 2nd anniversary, I decided a to hold a simple giveaway as a means of saying thank you to you, the readers and numerous blogger friends whom I met along the way. There had been good moments and bad for the past 2 years (especially before I changed hosts) but so far, the blog is doing okay. And I am glad. 🙂
As I’ve said in the giveaway post, one of my aims this year and in the years to come is to improve my reading preferences and that includes reading more Filipino literature. One of the questions in the raffle is a recommendation of a good Pinoy book, and here are the books you have recommended:
- Wandergirl by Tweet Sering (Monique, I love your review of this book. Is this available in NBS?)
- It’s A Mens World by Bebang Siy (Jzhunagev, Tricia, and Po, I have long wanted to read this. I’ll check again with NBS if they have copies already.)
- ABNKKBSNPLAKO? by Bob Ong (Maria, my first Bob Ong was Stainless Longganisa and it was just okay. Maybe I should try to read this and see if this is any different.)
- Alternative Alamat by Paolo Chikimaco (Tina, I read your review on this and the book really seems interesting. I’m curious.)
- My Imaginary Ex and Fairy Tale Fail by Mina V. Esguerra (Cary, we are just Mina Esguerra fans, aren’t we? I’ve already read FTF, but I would really love to read MIE. I’m still looking for a copy.)
- Manananggal Terrorizes Manila by Jessica Zafra (Angus, I am Zafra fan way back in college, especially the Twisted series! I’ll try to get a copy of Mananggal and see if I still have my Zafric tendencies. Haha!)
Po’s other recommendations:
- Walong Diwata ng Pagkahulog by Edgar Calabia Samar
- The True and the Plain: A Collection of Personal Essays by Kerima Polotan
- Unang Ulan ng Mayo by Ellen Sicat
- After the Birthday Party: Tales of Love, Loss, Hope, & Regret (A compilation of stories by members of the Goodreads-The Filipino Group book club) — I would really love to have a copy of this. Hi Angus! 😀
That’s quite a good number of books! Be assured that I will include all of them in my to-read list for the next year. Thank you, dear friends! I sincerely trust your recommendations! 🙂
Okay, enough of that long introduction. Haha! I entered the names in the order of their posting in the comments box and picked the winner via Random.org a few minutes ago today. Thank you everyone for trusting me enough that I won’t rig the raffle, haha!
Okay, here it is.
The winner of my bloggy birthday first giveaway is…TINA!
Congratulations, Tina! I’ll send you a message asking for your contact details soon! Yay! 🙂
And to everyone who joined, THANK YOU SO MUCH! You made this blog’s 2nd anniversary more meaningful. Until next year!