February was busy, but still it was absolutely love-ly! Reading-wise, I had a love-ly reading month as well because I was able to finish all the books I chose to read for the month, had a fun buddy read of one of my chosen books, and actively participated (albeit online only) in the book club’s Book of the Month discussion and Mini-Challenge. All the feels! ♥
Here’s a recap of my February Required Reading:
- A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. I love Mattie Gokey and her passion for words and writing. 4/5 stars.
- Dead Stars by Paz Marquez Benitez. TFG’s book of the month. It’s actually a short story about a man torn about his feelings between his fiancee and a girl he just met. 4/5 stars.
- This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. Now, reading this had been totally fun since I had buddies. Oh, Dexter! 4/5 stars.
- My Imaginary Ex by Mina V. Esguerra. Just the right book with all the feels to cap my reading month. 3/5 stars.
I finished my picks way ahead before the month ended so I decided to squeeze in two more books — Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers — but my transfer to a new (and more spacious) place, disrupted my reading pattern. I hope to get my groove back as soon as I’ve finally settled down, hopefully soon. 🙂
Now for March!
I don’t exactly follow a theme for my readings every month (an exception was February) so this month’s picks are all based on my whims, although I must admit that I chose one book out from the list of a friend. Here they are:
- Hunger by Knut Hamsun. I picked this up for the Lenten season when fasting is a tradition (except that I do not follow this tradition). My dear friend Angus has a strong influence on me regarding this book. Let’s see how I will find this.
- A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. This was a surprise find from Booksale last year (only 25 pesos!) and since I’ve wanted to read this for the longest time, I figure this month is the best time to read it. Just because. 😛
- From This Day Forward by Marla Miniano. I got two copies of this book last Christmas and this is a welcome addition to my Filipino reading challenge.
I will also try to finish Attachments and The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter this month. The first one is actually very interesting while the second is a bit slow for me. I hope I won’t get a reading slump one of these days considering that I am expecting busy-ness for this month. But I will not stress out over these things and let my reading mood pick up as it wants to. After all, reading should be fun and enjoyable, yes? 😉
Cheer me on please! 🙂
For the lists of other Required Reading Gang, please check out Tina’s page here.