April is here, and just like that, it’s almost the end of the first quarter of the year (and also the end of my second trimester). March was super busy – adjusting to my new home, having masteral classes almost every weekend, and some pregnancy-related concerns. Despite planning to read only two books per month, I chose three books to read last March, and it was such an ambitious feat because I only managed to finish one! I got to finish a couple of other books, too, but they were not on my reading list.
Here’s a recap:
- Hunger by Knut Hamsun. 4/5 stars. The only book I read from my list.
- A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. Untouched. I plan to include this on my list this month.
- From This Day Forward by Marla Miniano. Untouched. I think I’ll just read this on May which will be timely because my husband and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on May 12.
I hope I will be able to get my reading groove back, because this month I am still undeterred with my dismal performance last month. I have chosen to read four books! Hah!
Here are my April books:
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I realized that I wasn’t as conscientious as I should be with my 501 Must-Read Children’s Books Challenge, so I decided to include this book in my list for this month. I plan to include at least one 501 book every other month just so I can make progress with this self-imposed challenge.
- A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. Carried-over from my March list. I plan to read this on the last week of April.
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. Our book club’s book of the month. This is my first Marilynne Robinson.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It’s been a while since I’ve read a thick book, and since a bunch of friends from the book club are doing a read-along of this chunkster, I decided to join in. I figure it’s more fun to read a chunkster when there are others to motivate you, right? The book is divided into 3 volumes, and each volume is equivalent to one paperback. Ugh. But I must trudge on.
Tina of One More Page hosts the Required Reading Challenge. Hop on to her blog to see the lists of the other Required Reading Gang! 🙂