Because of the summer heat, it feels like April dragged on for so long. I am sure glad it has ended — this preggy woman just can’t stand the heat any longer — and I am glad as well of the outcome of my readings for the past month. Out of the four books on my ambitious April list, I finished 4, and started a few chapters on the fourth book.
Here’s a summary:
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Currently-reading. A few chapters in, and I am enamored with the March sisters. And with Laurie too! 🙂
- A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. 2/5 stars. Maybe I just expected too much?
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. 4/5 stars. Definitely demands a re-read.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. 5/5 stars. This sure doesn’t feel like a chunkster at all. Magic, anyone?
And now for May!
May is now my second most favorite month of the year (next to October, which is my birth month) because it is my wedding anniversary month. Hihi.♥
So in celebration of this love month (yes, I will be celebrating the love month the second time around), I have lined up books about love (let’s bring back the feels, shall we?) and a book about a book and a book club — two of my most favorite things in the world that I love. Plus, after the serious readings that I had last month, I feel I need some light and easy reads this time:
- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. After the very fun This Lullaby read-along with friends from the book club, we decided to read another Dessen. I hope this will be as fun. 🙂
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. A book about a book and a book club. Exciting, yes?
- From This Day Forward by Marla Miniano. An addition to my Pinoy Reads Challenge as well, plus, this is a story about a couple who gets married. Relatable, yes? 😉
I am also simultaneously reading The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight, Little Women, and The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter and I would like to wind them all up as soon as possible, hence, the very short list of very short books. 🙂
Hooray for May! 🙂
For other May Required Reading lists, hop on to Tina’s blog. 🙂