Hello, hello June!
I can’t believe summer is over although I must say that I do not miss it as much. I am just so glad it is not too hot anymore.
Reading-wise, and despite the heat, May had been pretty good. I was able to finish all three books on my list. Yay!
- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. Different from This Lullaby, but still a worthwhile read. 4/5 stars.
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. A charm and a delight. One of my favorite reads for the year. 5/5 stars.
- From This Day Forward by Marla Miniano. Reminds me of A Visit From The Goon Squad. Makes me want to read more books of the author. 3/5 stars.
I was also able to finish other books during the month, worth mentioning is the psychological thriller Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, which I immensely loved. So, I think my summer was still enjoyable despite not being able to go to the beach because of my pregnancy.
For June, I have lined up three books again. One is quite a chunkster, the other a short story collection, and the last one a Newbery Medal awardee.
Here are my books for June:
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. This is the book club’s book of the month. I’ve started this already but I’m having a hard time pushing through because of the immensely long sentences which distract me. But I’m determined to finish this because I want to know how Kav and Clay will manage to reach their dream of becoming famous comic writers.
- Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. This is a collection of short stories. I’ve only read one Neil Gaiman– Coraline — and I’ve wanted to read another Gaiman book for quite sometime so I figure reading some of his short stories will make me appreciate him more.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry. This is a Newbery Medal Awardee and I’ve heard a lot of good things about this book. Can’t wait to start this soon.
I still have Little Women from two months ago and although it’s slow reading for me, I still want to finish because I want to know what other adventures (and misadventures) await the March sisters. 🙂
June will still be good, yes? 😉
Required Reading is hosted by Tina of One More Page. Hop on to her blog to see the June lists of the other Required Reading gang. 🙂