July is finally here! And as I’ve said on my Facebook status: I know this month has something wonderful in store for me! ♥
Reading-wise, I am glad that at the end of the first half of this year, I was able to read 28 books out of the 30 which I set as a goal at the beginning of the year. June was a little bit slow because classes have already started and I now have shorter reading time. Still, I was glad to have read two of the three books I have lined up for the last month:
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. Quite a challenge to read and it was such a big relief to have finished this chunkster. 3/5 stars.
- Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. My first foray into short story collections. Neil Gaiman, your stories are beautifully strange! 4/5 stars.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry. Untouched. Moving this to a later month this year.
And now for July!
I was caught in a bit of a dilemma when I found out that I have joined three buddy reading schedules for this month (one is quite a chunkster), and all are to start at the same time! So I had to back out from the chunkster one because I know that I just cannot give justice to the books — and to my buddies! — if I push myself like that, and this is not even the best time for me to stress myself. Talk about being ambitious, haha!
Anyway, here are the books I have lined up for this month. All are e-copies. (Note to self: I should really start working on the physical books piling up at the side of my bed. Heh.)
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. A buddy read. I have already watched the Swedish movie adaptation and I liked it so much I want to read the book.
- Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. TFG’s book of the month. My first GGM and I have high expectations considering that this is a Nobel Prize winner.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Another buddy read which I whimsically joined, haha. It’s a good thing my buddies (hi laslas-girls Ella, Cary, and Anna!) are so intent on trying to understand the nuances of suicide and hate. 😀
Hop on to Tina’s blog for other required reading lists.
Happy July! Will you be kind enough to wish me all the best for this month? 🙂