It’s Filipino Friday time again! There are only three memes that I actively participate on, and if there’s one that I eagerly await, this could be it. Filipino Friday is a month-long Fridays-only activity that leads to the Filipino ReaderCon which, on this year, will happen on November 9, 2013 at the Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University.
For this week’s Filipino Friday, the topic is, as usual, Introductions, but this time with a little twist:
Hello, Reader! Let’s get to know you, and more importantly, what kind of reader are you? Laura E. Kelly released an infographic about Reader species — under what Domain/Class/Family/Genus/Species do you fall under? Give examples, and feel free to talk about why you belong to that species. Who knows, you may find readers in your own genus. 😉
(Click to view at original large size.)
- Book Cherisher > The Hoarder. You should take a look at the unread books I have which I bought from many years ago. I store them inside plastic containers and they eat a lot of space! At least now that I have a Kindle, I hoard ebooks which do not give me a headache lugging them around every time I have to transfer residence.
- Book Abuser > The Underliner & Scribbler. I always have a marker with me every time I read and highlight everything that catches my fancy. Yes, I don’t only highlight quotes, I also mark trivial details such as a character’s full name or his favorite pet or his age. That is why I love the “highlight” feature of Kindle. Of course, I only mark the books that I own. 😉
- Situational > The Kindle Convert. I believe that Kindle is God’s greatest gift to a book lover like me. Although paper books still look good when displayed on a shelf, I cannot deny the convenience (and comfort) of having lots of books with me anywhere I go.
- Social > The Book Clubber. I am not much of a social person, but when it comes to my book club, I can be talkative and cordial even to strangers. 😉
- Free Range > The Cross-Under. I am a recent fan of YA and children’s books and I must say that there are really really good YA authors out there. Example: Patrick Ness.
I am also a little bit of The Spoiler especially when it comes to crime, whodunnit novels (because I don’t want to keep guessing who the killer is) and The Bathroom Reader (ssshhhhh!).
Hello, I am Lynai and I am a reader. Till next Friday! 🙂