Oh, February! Bring in the feels, will ya? 🙂
My January Required Reading Report
Last month was an awesome reading month, regardless of the fact that my heart got broken into pieces.
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. 5/5 stars. I am still nursing a broken heart, so don’t you dare get on my nerves. </3
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman. 3/5 stars. A melancholic read about self-discovery, fate and accidents, and Paris! My adult self want to spank Allyson for her carelessness, but I’m giving her enough allowances because I have yet to read its companion book, Just One Year. Will come up with a two-in-one blog post on these two books.
Now, for February!
In as much as this is the love month, I didn’t plan on reading books along this theme. My January reads have sequels, and because I have such a low EQ, I lined up the sequels as my required readings for this month. That, and a children’s book in order to comply with one of my reading goals this year.
- A Feast For Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #5) by George R.R. Martin. Will continue to immerse myself in the world of Westeros. I am eager to know what will happen at the Wall, and whether I’ll be able to get my sweet revenge after that catastrophic Red Wedding.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Also a fantasy book, but for children. Will I be able to pull off having to live in two different worlds: Westeros and Oz? 😉
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman. Willem’s POV this time, and I hope he will not disappoint.
Of course, my most favorite book club is reading What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver, and although it was not love at first sight with me and this book, I am learning to love the stories. More thoughts on this when I finish this compilation 🙂
Happy love month, friends! ♥