I have skipped a lot of Top Ten Tuesday posts and I blame everything on my negligence. There were a lot of great topics I missed and would only be reminded of my inattention each time I saw posts come up on my WordPress Reader. There should be an alarm that would remind me every Tuesday to put up a TTT post, haha. 😀
Anyway, the topic for today made me look into my Goodreads wishlist shelf (which currently has 89 books but keeps growing every day.)
It was hard trying to prioritize which books I should include, but after hmmm-ing and hawww-ing, here’s my top 10 (this will also serve as a hint on what to give me on my birthday (October) or on Christmas (because hey, it’s almost the “ber” months, see? Haha.):
- Tenth of December by George Saunders. A short story collection of an author my bookish friends are lately raving about.
- We Live In Water by Jess Walter. Another short story compilation which I want to read after I read this awesome post on Rabittin.
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville. After I read The City and The City and Un Lun Dun, my fangirl tendencies definitely went haywire.
- Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri. This author is a current favourite after I read Interpreter of Maladies, and I wish to complete her books. (I already have a copy of The Namesake, thanks to Emir.)
- Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen. This author’s brand of magical realism always refreshes me.
Since the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) is happening next month, the other half of my list is about local books which I hope I get to have copies soon (will I be able to make time and fly to Manila for the MIBF?)
- Dwellers by Eliza Victoria. This is the latest from one of my favorite local authors.
- Project 17 by Eliza Victoria. Because I am a fan.
- Unseen Moon by Eliza Victoria,. See Nos. 6 and & 7.
- Murder on Balete Drive by Budjette Tan. After enjoying the spin-off story from Manila Noir, I immediately put up this book on my wishlist shelf.
- The Stories So Far by Jessica Zafra. This is the latest of ze queen who rules the universe.
Happy Tuesday, friends!