One great thing I really love about reading is because I get transported to different places all over the world, and even outer space, including places that exist only in my imagination! For this post, I am going to divide my top ten into two: the first five will be real or existing places I want to visit and the second half will be fictional places that have really made me wish they are real.
Real Places That Books Made Me Want To Visit:
- Paris. Both the touristy spots mentioned in Anna and the French Kiss and the non-touristy ones in Just One Day.
- Amsterdam. Courtesy of Willem in Just One Year.
- Prince Edward Island. Because Anne of Green Gables made me fall in love with this place.
- Eastern Europe, especially Turkey. Because, Dracula. And also, The Historian.
- Boracay Island. I have been to this famous Philippine beach a number of times already but I can’t help wanting to visit each time it is mentioned in a book, i.e. Cover (Story) Girl.
Fictional Places That Books Made Me Want To Visit:
- UnLondon. Flying buses! Wraithtown! Moving bridges!
- Beszel and Ul Quoma. I want to practice my un-seeing abilities.
- Narnia. Because, Aslan is ♥.
- The Capitol. I want to see all the trendy hair styles and clothes. Pink hair? Burning skirts?
Happy Tuesday, you all! 🙂