Thank you, favorite month. I had a great time celebrating. But before I go to this month’s required reading list, here’s a recap of the books/stories I read/finished last month despite the lack of a reading plan (other than winging it):
- Wander Girl by Tweet Sering (a novella). 4/5 stars. Funny and witty. I want Hilda to be my friend.
- Fall Like Rain by Ana Tejano (a novella). 4/5 stars. Ah, those feelings. Also, here’s an interview with the author which I did for the blog tour.
- The Question That Never Goes Away by Philip Yancey. 5/5 stars. Where is God when it hurts? One powerful nonfiction book I have ever read so far.
- A Sheltered Woman by Yiyun Li (a short story). 5/5 stars. Can we ever survive without being emotionally attached to other people?
- Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. 3/5 stars. Six mysterious crimes, six interrelated people.
- Surprised by Motherhood by Lisa-Jo Baker. 4/5 stars. A book that talked about me, I even fancied that maybe I was the one who wrote this, haha!
- Fear of Flying by Erica Jong. 3/5 stars. I am so glad I am not Isadora Wing.
- Hot Like This by Chrissie Peria, Chris Mariano, and Miles Tan (a novella). 3/5 stars.Should be a perfect summer read but I read this on a rainy season but it’s still one quick and sweet story, nonetheless.
- Finding X by Miles Tan (a novella). 4/5 stars. This book had me at “granite.”
- The Kitchen When It Sizzles by Chrissie Peria (a novella). 3/5 stars. Hot!!!
Wow, that’s a lot of finished books (although I admit that most of them are novellas, but still.) And the best thing about the lack of a reading list is because I got to finish some of my pending books, one I started as far back as July! I feel so accomplished, yay! 😀 (never mind the fact that I still have 6 books pending, haha!)
Now, for November!
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. A buddy read with Maria and Cary. We will start on November 21.
- Cupidity by Hayley and Michael DiMarco. A reread. Reading this with friends from The Reading Club.
- Dwellers by Eliza Victoria. My second Eliza Victoria after A Bottle of Storm Clouds. This is TFG’s Book of the Month.
Happy November, friends!