*a.k.a. Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies)
Late to the party, I know, but I still wish to join this week’s TTT topic because this would remedy my laziness in writing about some books that have recently come in my mail (I used to do a Books in the Mail post but sort of stopped because, hello laziness). And another reason is that I have begun using my NetGalley account more regularly as of late and have come across some really interesting reads.
So, here’s my Top 10, in no particular order other than the dates I have added them to my TBR.
First, the physical books:
- The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzzbee. This is the book club’s Travelling Book No. 2 (the first travelling book was 84, Charing Cross Road) where we pass along to each other a particular book according to a set queue. Currently reading and really engrossed with Buzbee’s bookish talk, sometimes I feel like he’s talking about me. Hee.
- Monstress by Lysley Tenorio. I won this copy from Tin’s Blog Anniversary Giveaway (yipee!) and is only timely because this is also the book club’s book for October (yipee!).
- The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. This is my challenge book from the book club’s dare books for 2015. I requested (bullied?haha) a fellow book club member to buy this for me in Manila since I can’t seem to find a copy in bookstores here. Which is just as good because she was also set to visit me here last month. Hurray for book club friends! (Hi, Meliza!)
I have requested several review copies from Net Galley and I currently have my hands full with ARCs to be read and reviewed which is why I have decided to put a moratorium on acquiring any more new books until I have finished reading what’s on my plate, err, my list.
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider. I had this on my Kindle a few weeks back and only remembered it now that I had to do this post. Note to self: read this next.
- The Third Wife from Lisa Jewell. ARC from Net Galley. To read.
- The Bones of You by Debbie Howells. ARC from Net Galley. To read.
- Those Girls by Lauren Saft. ARC from NetGalley. 3/5 stars.
- Courage and Other Demons by Jill Daugherty. I got a copy from Sami Jo Lien and the author. 3/5 stars.
- The Color of Our Sky by Amita Trasi. ARC from Net Galley. Heart-breaking but redemptive. 3.5/5 stars
- Maggie’s Turn by Deanna Lynn Sletten. ARC from Net Galley. A very realistic take on the strains of motherhood and marriage. 3/5 stars.
Happy weekend, friends!